Hello guys..!!!

I am currently working on Hbase 0.90.3 and Hadoop 0.20.2

Since this hadoop version does not support rsync hdfs..
so I copied the *hadoop-core-append jar* file from *hbase/lib* folder
into*hadoop folder
* and replaced it with* hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar*
which was suggested in the following link

http://www.apacheserver.net/Using-Hadoop-bundled-in-lib-directory-HBase-at1136240.htm

I guess this is what have been mentioned in the link that I am doing. If I
am doing somehting wrong, kindly tell me.

But now after adding that jar file.. I am not able to run my hadoop.. I am
getting following exception messages on my screen

ub13: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
ub13: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName
ub13: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
ub13: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ub13: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
ub13: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
ub13: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
ub13: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
ub13: Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName.
Program will exit.
ub13: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/DataNode
ub13: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/usr/local/hadoop/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-hadoop-secondarynamenode-ub13.out
ub13: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
ub13: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName
ub13: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
ub13: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ub13: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
ub13: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
ub13: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
ub13: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
ub13: Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName.
Program will exit.
ub13: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/SecondaryNameNode
Have I done something wrong.. Please guide me...!!

Thanks,
Praveenesh

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop