On 29/04/2011 03:37, stanley.shi@emc.com wrote:
Hi guys, I have a very strange problem here, hope someone can help.

I have a virtual machine with 8 GB memory, the os is CentOS 5.5 x64 version; I got this VM from someone else (means they may have done some configuration on this VM)
I cannot start even 6 easiest jvm at the same time (for example, start the following java code simultaneously 6 times:

import java.io.IOException;
public class InputTest {
public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException, InterruptedException {
int length = 0;
long sum=0;
do {
sum+=length++;
System.out.println("Current sum: "+ sum);
Thread.sleep(1000);

} while (length<1000000);

Any one have any comments?

1. check swap space
2. you work for a storage company, so get some more...

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 28, '11 at 8:46p
activeMay 2, '11 at 4:56p