Thank you very much for the quick reply!

Unfortunately I don't see how this page can help me. I am not using Windows, so no need for cygwin.

Are there any other necessary build-path modifications? I tried adding the hdfs project to the build-path of the hadoop-common project, but that didn't help.

David