Hi list,

I am having problems to setup Hadoop for Eclipse. I followed the
instructions under:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

Since I want to debug MapReduce jobs in distributed mode, I decided to
check out 'common', 'hdfs' and 'mapreduce' from SVN. This leaves me with
three different projects:
-hadoop-trunk
-hdfs-trunk
-mapreduce-trunk

Building them as described in the above tutorial worked fine. I am also
able to start the filesystem calling 'bin/start-dfs.sh' in the hdfs-trunk
project.

In order to start mapreduce, I now navigate to the mapreduce-trunk
project, and call 'bin/start-mapred.sh'.However this causes a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.

What am I missing?
Is it correct, to check-out the three components as different projects?

Help would really be appreciated!

David

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop