installed on shared storage, that might be the issue? Btw, how do I start
the services independently on each node?

-bikash
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM, James Seigel wrote:

.... Did you get it working? What was the fix?

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.
On 2011-02-27, at 8:43 PM, Simon wrote:

Hey Bikash,

Maybe you can manually start a tasktracker on the node and see if there are
any error messages. Also, don't forget to check your configure files for
mapreduce and hdfs and make sure datanode can start successfully first.
After all these steps, you can submit a job on the master node and see if
there are any communication between these failed nodes and the master node.
Post your error messages here if possible.

HTH.
Simon -

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM, bikash sharma <sharmabiks.07@gmail.com