I think you can also simulate PageRank Algorithm with hadoop.

Simon -
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:

This is an exercise that will appeal to undergrads: pull the Craiglist
personals ads from several cities, and do text classification. Given a
training set of all the cities, attempt to classify test ads by city.
(If Peter Harrington is out there, I stole this from you.)

Lance