See the tasklog of the slave to see why the task attempt is failing...
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Nitin Khandelwal wrote:

Hi,
I am using Hadoop 0.21.0. I am getting Exception as
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:249) Caused by:
java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 1. at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:236)
when i am trying to run Map Red. This error comes in one of the slaves (
which is also master in my case) . Cam any body tell why i may be getting
this?

Nitin Khandelwal

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 16, '11 at 2:00p
activeFeb 21, '11 at 6:20a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Nitin Khandelwal: 2 posts Madhu phatak: 2 posts