hi,

I'm a newbee to hadoop. I want to employ hadoop to analyze 10 million pieces
data (10G totally). The data maybe residents in a rational DB, or a series
of XML files(thousands of pieces per file). I have some questions.

1. how to guarantee mappers' exclusive access to the DB.
2. how to split XML files. To override MultiFileInputFormat?
3. how to transfer a bunch of resources (10M) to slaves.
4. Reduce is not necessary, is it suitable for hadoop?

I can't find a similar case in the build-in examples of hadoop release.
Sorry to interrupt.

Chao Cai

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop