Absolutely right.........but at the RAM part 8GB is good but ,if you can add
some more then that it will be better. Caching will be intense on the
system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:56 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org; akhilesh.kumar@zapak.co.in
Subject: Re: Minimum Hardware Required

[For 4 nodes] Go with simple machines (assembled if permissible). Get
lots of good RAM (I'd say min. of 8GB with good speeds) and a quad
core CPU. Limit hard disks to the number of them supported by the
mainboard. The rest (clock speeds, HDD r/w rates, storage capacity) is
up to your application's needs as it is the only true benchmark.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM, akhilesh.kumar