I am trying to configure a large install and I have a question about
the configuration of Data Nodes. Each data node has multiple drives.
Each drive is 1TB in size. In the hdfs-site.xml, I can have multiple
directories (which will be mounted drives) specified as shown by:

<property>
<name>dfs.data.dir</name>
<value>/mount1,/mount2,/mount3,....</value>
<final>true</final>
</property>

For the drive that has the OS, only 100G will be used for the OS. Is
it good practice to have a partition on the drive that has the OS used
for the dfs.data.dir? Will this slow things down? Will the size
difference available to each directory be a problem? Also, if it is
not a good idea to use the OS drive, then how about pointing logs to
that drive?

andrew

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop