I've tried to use this simple line of code to create a URL using hdfs...

URL aurl = new URL("hdfs://myserver:9000/ds");

Executing this line produces this exception.
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: hdfs

Trying to solve this problem I've determined that I need a class that
subclasses URLStreamHandler. Figuring that one had already been written
for hdfs I went looking.

Came across (HADOOP-3074) URLStreamHandler for the DFS. Where it says
to do this:

java -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.hadoop.util.protocols
<MainClass>}}.

This did not work, and in fact org.apache.hadoop.util.protocols is not
even found in hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar, nor do I find it anywhere else.

Any help here please,
Thanks

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop