Hi.

I have a cluster with where each node can run up to 8 map tasks (one task
per core), now we realized that we need to run another type of job that has
much larger memory requirements, which will only allow up to 4 tasks to be
run on each node. Is it possible to somehow specify that each map process of
that new task "occupies" two map slots so that at most 4 such maps will be
launched?

Another option is of course to change map.tasks.maximum to 4 and rewrite
all old tasks to run couple of threads, but if there's better solution I'd
highly appreciate any advice!

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 10, '10 at 11:03p
activeApr 11, '10 at 1:54a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Dmitry Pushkarev: 2 posts Arun C Murthy: 1 post