On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:11:29 -0800 Eli Collins wrote:

Are there a lot of files in the tmp directories in dfs.data.dir on
each data node? What does du (on the host) for these directories
report? This might be HDFS-821. dfsadmin -report output would be
useful as well.
Hmm.. seems I was a bit quick in drawing conclusions - I deleted a lot
of files before running the 'dfs -dus' commands, and it seems it takes
a while for the raw disk space to be reclaimed. My cluster is now at
6.72TB remaining (compared to 1.41 TB 10 minutes ago), and that figure
seems to be increasing as I write my mail.

No, there are not much in the tmp directories.

Thanks for replying anyway, I did learn something from the
experience :-).

Thanks,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg <forsberg@opera.com>
Developer, Opera Software - http://www.opera.com/

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJan 14, '10 at 8:43a
activeJan 14, '10 at 9:22a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Erik Forsberg: 2 posts Eli Collins: 1 post