From: shwitzu <shwitzu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Need Info
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 6:07 AM

Thanks for Responding.

I read about HDFS and understood how it works and I also installed hadoop in
my windows using cygwin and tried a sample driver code and made sure it
works.

But my concern is, given the problem statement how should I proceed

Could you please give me some clue/ pseudo code or a design.

Thanks in anticipation.

Doss_IPH wrote:
First and for most, you need to understand about hadoop platform
infrastructures.
Currently, I am working in real time application using hadoop. I think
that Hadoop will be fit to your requirements.
Hadoop is mainly for three things,
1. Scalability no limit for storage
2. Peta bytes of data processing in distributed parallel mode.
3. Fault tolerance (Automatically Block Replication) recovering data from
failure.

shwitzu wrote:
Hello Sir!

I am new to hadoop. I have a project  based on webservices. I have my
information in 4 databases with different files in each one of them. Say,
images in one, video, documents etc. My task is to develop a web service
which accepts the keyword from the client and process the request and
send back the actual requested file back to the user. Now I have to use
Hadoop distributed file system in this project.

I have the following questions:

1) How should I start with the design?
2)  Should I upload all the files and create Map, Reduce and Driver code
and once I run my application will it automatically go the file system
and get back the results to me?
3) How do i handle the binary data? I want to store binary format data
using MTOM in my databse.

Please let me know how I should proceed. I dont know much about this
hadoop and am I searching for some help. It would be great if you could
assist me. Thanks again