Hello Sir!

I am new to hadoop. I have a project based on webservices. I have my
information in 4 databases with different files in each one of them. Say,
images in one, video, documents etc. My task is to develop a web service
which accepts the keyword from the client and process the request and send
back the actual requested file back to the user. Now I have to use Hadoop
distributed file system in this project.

I have the following questions:

1) How should I start with the design?
2) Should I upload all the files and create Map, Reduce and Driver code and
once I run my application will it automatically go the file system and get
back the results to me?
3) How do i handle the binary data? I want to store binary format data using
MTOM in my databse.

Please let me know how I should proceed. I dont know much about this hadoop
and am I searching for some help. It would be great if you could assist me.
Thanks again