I'm getting a rather cryptic error while running a Map job with
MultithreadedMapper (no idea if it has anything to do with the
MultithreadedMapper).
It only occurs sometimes, occurs at different times during the Map
(sometimes at the start, sometimes at a random location), and it doesn't
really give any information.

Task Id : attempt_200908031207_0009_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED
java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 255.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:418)

I'm a bit at a loss. The only results I'm finding from Google are a few
other people who have had the same problem, but nobody with a solution.

Mathias De Maré

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedAug 3, '09 at 1:39p
activeAug 3, '09 at 5:47p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Mathias De Maré: 2 posts Jason Venner: 1 post