Actually, I don't know there exists any well-made XML InputFormat or
Record reader.
To the best of my knowledge, StreamXmlRecordReader (
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/streaming/StreamXmlRecordReader.html
) of Hadoop streaming is only solution.

Good luck!

--
Hyunsik Choi
Database & Information Systems Group, Korea University