From: Allen Wittenauer
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:18 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Restricting quota for users in HDFS

On 6/15/09 11:16 PM, "Palleti, Pallavi" wrote:
We have chown command in hadoop dfs to make a particular directory own
by a person. Do we have something similar to create user with some space
limit/restrict the disk usage by a particular user?
Quotas are implemented on a per-directory basis, not per-user.
There
is no support for "this user can have X space, regardless of where
he/she
writes" only "this directory has a limit of X space, regardless of who
writes there."

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 16, '09 at 6:17a