You might also try using something like Fuse-dfs (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS) to "mount" the HDFS file system on the mysql machine. You could then use a standard unix path to specify the loadfile.

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: tim robertson
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:03 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mysql Load Data Infile with Hadoop?

So you are using a java program to execute a "load data infile"
command on mysql through JDBC?
If so I *think* you would have to copy it onto the mysql machine from
HDFS first, or the machine running the command and then try a 'load
data local infile'.

Or pehaps use the
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/db/DBOutputFormat.html

Cheers