I did a ctrl-c immediately after issuing a hadoop dfs -rmr command. The rmr
target is no longer visible from the dfs -ls command. The number of files
deleted is huge and I don't think it can possibly delete them all between
the time the command is issued and ctrl-c. Does this mean it leaves behind
unreachable files on the slave nodes and making them dead weights? We can
always reformat hdfs to be sure. But is there a way to check? Thanks.