If I want to read values out of input files as binary data, is this
what BytesWritable is for?

I've successfully run my first task that uses a SequenceFile for
output. Are there any examples of SequenceFile usage out there? I'd
like to see the full range of what SequenceFile can do. What are the
trade-offs between record compression and block compression? What are
the limits on the key and value sizes? How do you use the per-file
metadata?

My intended use is to read files on a local filesystem into a
SequenceFile, with the value of each record being the contents of each
file. I hacked MultiFileWordCount to get the basic concept working...
but I'd appreciate any advice from the experts. In particular, what's
the most efficient way to read data from an
InputStreamReader/BufferedReader into a BytesWritable object?

Thanks,

John

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedSep 15, '08 at 2:16a
activeSep 15, '08 at 5:00p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Owen O'Malley: 1 post John Howland: 1 post