Yes. You should have the same hadoop-site across all your slaves. They
will need to know the DNS name for the namenode and jobtracker.

- Aaron

tjohn wrote:
Mahadev Konar wrote:
I believe (as far as I remember) you should be able to add the node by
bringing up the datanode or tasktracker on the remote machine. The
Namenode or the jobtracker (I think) does not check for the nodes in the
slaves file. The slaves file is just to start up all the daemon's by
ssshing to all the nodes in the slaves file during startup. So you
should just be able to startup the datanode pointing to correct namenode
and it should work.

Regards
Mahadev

Sorry for my ignorance... To make a datanode/tasktraker point to the
namenode what should i do? Have i to edit the hadoop-site.xml? Thanks

John

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 9, '08 at 4:54p