Hello all

I've got a small hadoop cluster running (5 nodes today, going to 15+
soon), and I'd like to do some benchmarking. My question to the group
is - what is the first benchmark you run on a new cluster?

I'd like to do some simple functionality, throughput, and, especially,
scaling experiments. So far, the programs in the examples jar (grep,
wordcount, etc.) run fine. I've had less success with the programs in
the test jar (DFSCIOTest, DistributedFSCheck, etc.). Are some of
these deprecated? Some have very similar names - are there
significant differences between them?

Thanks!

-steve

groupcommon-user @