I think you are right. It looks like it recursively trys to make the
parent directories and if they already exist then the lastSuccess is
still false and the "error" is logged. I will work something up for this.

Dennis

Doug Cutting wrote:
Dennis Kubes wrote:
I am seeing a lot of these kind of messages in the namenode log
file. Can somebody point me in the right direction as to why this
might be happening?

DIR* FSDirectory.mkdirs: failed to create directory
I have seen these too. I think they just mean that the directory
already exists. Probably the message should be changed to indicate this.

Doug

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 23, '06 at 4:21p
activeMay 23, '06 at 4:40p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Dennis Kubes: 2 posts Doug Cutting: 1 post