I am seeing a lot of these kind of messages in the namenode log file.
Can somebody point me in the right direction as to why this might be
happening?

DIR* FSDirectory.mkdirs: failed to create directory

To give background all servers have same configuration, linux 2G rams,
about 500G of dfs space striped hardware raid 0, using less that 1G
each. All servers are on dhcp. And the permissions on the local
directories that hold the file system seem to be correct (meaning full
access for user running datanode process).

Dennis

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 23, '06 at 4:21p
activeMay 23, '06 at 4:40p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Dennis Kubes: 2 posts Doug Cutting: 1 post