The job may have succeeded due to the task having run successfully on
another tasktracker after a retry attempt was scheduled. This probably
means one of your TT has something bad on it, and should be easily
identifiable from the UI.

If all TTs are bad, your job would fail -- so yes, better to fix than
worry about expecting failures.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM, C.V.Krishnakumar Iyer

I get this error too. But the Job completes properly. Is this error any cause for concern? As in, would any computation be hampered because of this?

Thanks !

Regards,
Krishnakumar