On Apr 22, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

I've just created the 0.20-security-204 branch to start the stabilization process for 0.20.204. I hope to get the 203 branch ready for a vote next week.

Could someone actually take the branch and try to install from scratch? i.e., not copy a pre-existing config. I found a multitude of problems with 203 doing this, but haven't had a chance to file JIRAs for all of them. (Pay attention to the log messages in particular). I'm not going to be able to do this for various reasons.

There are also a lot of places where hadoop-*-{core|hdfs|mapred} are referenced in the documentation, but since this release breaks with 0.20.{0-2}, all of those documentation references need to be fixed.

As it stands, I wouldn't want to use this release in production. In addition to the previously mentioned issues, the job size unpredictability/regression with capacity scheduler is particularly disturbing. The math we're seeing doesn't seem to match the documentation at all. (Are we missing a test here?)

Thanks.

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 22, '11 at 11:31p