Hi Elton,

Can you mention the hadoop version? Also, can you double-check if you set
"fs.default.name" property correctly in conf/hdfs-site.xml?

-Chaitanya.
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM, elton sky wrote:

Hi,
I am new to hadoop programming. I am trying to copy a local file to HDFS.
My
code snippet is:
.
.

InputStream in=null;
OutputStream out = null;
try {
in = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(src));

FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(URI.create(dest), conf);
*//line:42.
Exception here*

if(fs == null)
System.out.println("fs is null");
else
System.out.println("fs is not null");

out = fs.create(new Path(dest), true);
IOUtils.copyBytes(in, out, conf, true);

System.out.println(dest +" is created successfully.");

} catch (IOException e) {
IOUtils.closeStream(out);
IOUtils.closeStream(in);
throw e;
}
.
.
and when I run it, I got exception:

at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:436)

at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getDefaultUri(FileSystem.java:103)

at HDFSFile.create(HDFSFile.java:42)

at HDFSFile.main(HDFSFile.java:130)

at

at

at

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156

After dug into source code of hdfs, I found the problem happens at
"Configuration.getProps()". The value of getProps() is null and, obviously,
it shouldn't be.

I couldn't figure out why this happen. Please help me out here.
Appreciate!

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 24, '10 at 6:43a
activeJun 24, '10 at 6:51a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Chaitanya krishna: 1 post Elton sky: 1 post