[Cutting the CC: line down to size ]
On Jun 18, 2010, at 3:37 AM, Bikash Singhal wrote:

Hi folks ,

I have received this error in the hadoop cluster. Has anybody anybody
seen this . Any solution.

Since you aren't picking anything out and you've shared a bunch of messages, I'm going to go with the first one. If you have a specific question about a specific message, it would be helpful to point it out.

--------------------- namenode errors and warning ------------------

2010-06-17 18:35:19,970 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Not able to place
enough replicas, still in need of 1
This isn't an error, but a warning.

IIRC, you can get this either if the datanodes are out of space or there are not have enough racks defined to meet the defined replication policy. For example, requiring 10 replicas when only 3 racks are present will generate this warning.

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 21, '10 at 5:24a
activeJun 21, '10 at 6:29p