* Should we integrate with the 0.18 branch, or just put our changes into
the
0.18.3 release? We're not sure if there are plans for further releases on
the 0.18  branch.
This will not be committed to the 0.18 branch, even if there is an
0.18.4 release. If you wanted to post an 0.18 compatible patch on the
same JIRA for reference, that's fine, but only patches to trunk will
be considered for inclusion.
In general you should be aware that you should integrate as a new project in
the contrib/ dir. If all goes well you shouldn't need to make any patches
that touch Hadoop itself.
If this is a shim, it should probably live in o.a.h.fs with
S3FileSystem, KosmosFileSystem, etc. rather than being added to
contrib. -C

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedAug 10, '09 at 8:29p