Hello !

I am trying to increase the replication factor of a directory in our hadoop dfs from 1 to 2.
I observe that some of the blocks (12 out of 400) always remain under replicated, throwing the following message when I do an 'fsck' :

Under replicated blk_9084408236031628003. Target Replicas is 2 but found 1 replica(s).

I thought it could be a problem with a specific data node in the cluster, however I observe that the under replicated blocks belong to different data nodes .

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.
Ilay

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 30, '09 at 7:53p
activeMar 31, '09 at 2:33p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Ilayaraja: 2 posts Hairong Kuang: 1 post