Which version of HADOOP are you running? Your cluster might have hit
HADOOP-5465.

Hairong

On 3/29/09 10:24 PM, "ilayaraja" wrote:

Hello !

I am trying to increase the replication factor of a directory in our hadoop
dfs from 1 to 2.
I observe that some of the blocks (12 out of 400) always remain under
replicated, throwing the following message when I do an 'fsck' :

Under replicated blk_9084408236031628003. Target Replicas
is 2 but found 1 replica(s).

I thought it could be a problem with a specific data node in the cluster,
however I observe that the under replicated blocks belong to different data
nodes .

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.
Ilay

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 30, '09 at 7:53p
activeMar 31, '09 at 2:33p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Ilayaraja: 2 posts Hairong Kuang: 1 post