Yes I apologize I was typing this on my phone so I was shortcutting myself
and being more simple.

Ok so I may be able to help I am having a issue, may actually be a Tasker
bug or maybe design, personally not sure pent you may know more on how it
works. First off I have a S3 4.4.2 custom slimrom.

When I am in class I have my phone automatically go into airplane mode and
after class come out of airplane mode ( both handled by secure settings).
If Wi-Fi was off when going into airplane mode then secure settings doesn't
seem to turn on the Wi-Fi radio again. So the task runs while Wi-Fi stays
off which disables Tasker's Wi-Fi near feature so when I get home my wifi
doesn't automatically connect due to a profile I have set that becomes
active when my wi-fi is near. I have made a workaround that when it's my
last class of the day Tasker will turn Wi-Fi on and then back off therefore
allowing the Wi-Fi radio to run with Wi-Fi off. The battery stats also
proves this by showing Wi-Fi activity.

Now personally I fixed this and whether my issue described is the same
issue as above I do not know, but I might as well make you aware of the
issue pent incase others have had or will have this issue and don't know
how to respond.

For an example here in my picture of my battery stats: Battery Stats
Picture<https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo0kgw6dxp8d4fb/2014-04-11%2000.35.40.png> Where
the break on the yellow bar under the graph shows where I momentarily
toggled airplane mode (manually via settings not with Tasker) and the Wi-fi
bar below then goes off, and stays off until I manually enabled wi-fi via
settings. Therefore this proves that Tasker is not causing the issue, but
rather airplane mode's settings. Which is no big deal it may just be my
device. And yes I have my scanning always available. So Pent you have no
worries here just a device issue or something that android is causing, just
wanted to note if this is similar to the issue they have then have them run
2 extra actions: wi-fi on, and wi-fi off and it fixes the issue.