Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply... well I'm assuming that the hardware is very simple
let's say M1 Medium Instance 3.75 GiB of memory, 2 EC2 from amazon. So
really my question is this then. Let's take the twitter word counter
example and let's imagine the twitter feed gives 50 000 qps. From my
understanding, you can only have 1 spout listening to that socket and can't
be threaded to prevent duplicates otherwise if we have threads this would
create multiple connections. What I would like to know, if a stream that is
coming into Storm is very big what would be the best options to spread the
incoming data across multiple spouts in the same style as a load balancer.
Or you just need to have massive powerful system that can handle the stream
with 1 spout?

hope it makes sense

Anthony