Hi Obergon,

Yeah, working with spree extensions can be confusing at first. I was
greatly helped by looking at other spree extensions
(http://spreecommerce.com/extensions).

Here's a couple suggestions I've copy and pasted a lot from.

    - https://github.com/spree/spree-product-assembly

    - https://github.com/spree/spree_social

    - https://github.com/spree/spree_related_products