When I started I found this this SO thread ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method
= :smtp

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
   :address => "smtp.zoho.com",
   :port => 465,
   :user_name => 'someone@somewhere.com',
   :password => 'password',
   :authentication => :login,
   :ssl => true,
   :tls => true,
   :enable_starttls_auto => true }

I tried to enter these settings in the spree admin (even tried to put those
in the spree.rb initializer to override the settings in the admin - still
nothing):

Send mail as: *no-reply@<my domain here>.com*
Send copy of all mails to: *<my email address here>*
Intercept email address: *<blank>*
SMTP domain: *mail.zoho.com* | <- what is the differentce between those
two?
SMTP host: *mail.zoho.com *|
SMTP port: *465*
Secure connection type: *TLS*
SMTP authentication type: *Login*
SMTP username: *<my-email-address-here>*
SMTP password: *<my-zoho-password>*
*
*
Those settings work in a desktop client. When I use Spree nothing happens -
no emails are being sent! I can see the email content in the log file but I
never receive emails.

-Pavel