Hey Marc,

I think what you're after is this extension:
https://github.com/spree/spree-product-assembly.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Marc L wrote:

I'm evaluating Spree for a client project, where the shopping cart and
order system need to be able to have the concept of customized product
bundles. In essence, the user can add Product Bundle A to their cart, which
comes with Product 1, 2, and 3. At the same time, the user can also add
Product 5 to the cart, which appears as its own line item. This should
reflect that inventory is required from Products 1, 2, 3, and 5 to fill the
order. Yet it is important that the order not simply appear as four line
items. The grouping of 1,2,3 together must be maintained, separately from 5.

Given that horribly vague description, would any Spree experts like to
weigh in on how feasible this might be? Is there a simple way to implement
this? Has it already been done? Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers!
-Marc

--
Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com