peter pala writes:

When I tried to open new tab/window in chrome browser,new url is open
within same tab/window not new tab/window. Below code work with
Firefox perfectly.My chrome version is 28.0

driver.get("https://www.google.com");
Actions act=new Actions(driver);
act.keyDown(Keys.CONTROL).sendKeys("t").keyUp(Keys.CONTROL).build().p erform(); //Open new tab
driver.get("https://www.facebook.com"); // open facebook
act.keyDown(Keys.CONTROL).sendKeys(Keys.TAB).keyUp(Keys.CONTROL).buil d().perform();
Generally I would not trust WebDriver to be able to trigger chrome-level
action sequences.

To open a new tab or window, you can execute `window.open`.