Tue, 26 Apr 2016 06:36:41 -0700 (PDT) Charles Wesley
<charleswesley95@gmail.com>:
Is it possible to instantiate a WebDriver object from inside a web
application? Our team has a Maven Java project where we instantiate
a WebDriver object to perform some UI-based configuration on our
behalf.
If what you want to achieve is to re-use the session that started and
controls the browser from within a content document, you may be
interested in WebDriver.js.

It implements a “meta-circular” client that allows an in-content JS
client to assume control over the existing WebDriver session. This
would let you control the browser from within the document.
Now we want to take some of the classes from that project,
compile them, and call them from within a web application. Is this
feasible?
What you’re talking about here is a content JS-to-Java bridge. I’m not
sure about the feasibility of that. What you’d need is a wire protocol
for the document to be able to RPC the Java process. This is, in
essence, what WebDriver provides for the WebDriver API.