Hi Shadaab.

There is an extension <http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/WebDriverSampler/>for JMeter which can configure and launch WebDriver instance. See Using
Selenium with JMeter's WebDriver Sampler<http://blazemeter.com/blog/jmeter-webdriver-sampler>for details. However it isn't designed for load testing at all. Personally
I would use it for something like accessing OAuth callback page or doing
some action which requires javascript execution *once. *

If you're talking about dozens of Selenium instances, it will consume
gigabytes of RAM. If from hardware point of view it's not a problem you can
look into Selenium Grid <https://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/Grid2>.

If your hardware resources are limited you can conider JMeter-only testing.
JMeter can simulate browser-like testing more or less closely. It provides
following configuration elements to achieve this:

    1. HTTP Cookie Manager - to handle cookie-based authentication
    2. HTTP Header Manager - to simulate headers (User-Agent should be the
    main one)
    3. HTTP Cache Manager - to simulate browser cache
    4. "Retrieve all embedded resources" parameter of HTTP Request
       - Use concurrent pool should be checked
       - Pool size should be 2-5
       - URLs must match should include only your application under test
       domain, anything external should be cut off

Hope this helps,

D.