One problem you will face is getting your data to be consistently correct.
I'm sure no 2 clients will have the same types or data. I would think
without creating your test data you could end up dealing with a lot of
brittle tests( or more of tests work on one clients system, but not
anothers due to missing data or different expectations)

I dont think you understand what BDD is. BDD is a style of software
development. A BDD Collaboration tool like Cucumber or jBehave. help you
write out examples of what you are building in plain english. They still
depend on a Testing framework to help them make those examples executable.
Most BDD tools require you to use assertion lib's from a testing framework.
TestNG is a unit testing framework.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM, farheen khan