De : "user" <clickc83@gmail.com>
Date : jeu., mai 17, 2012 21:54
Objet : [selenium-users] Selenium RC framework
Pour : "Selenium Users" <selenium-users@googlegroups.com>

Hi All,
I am new to Selenium. I have given a task for making a
framework with selenium rc and java for our web application.

What I have in my mind is creating different modules or functions for
repetitive tasks like login ,logout , languages (which is a picklist)
and then calling them from other classes.

I am bit confused how to start with this as after login into my web
application there is a page where Admin page which shows all
categories and after clicking them we are taken to a different page
where there are others fields present.

So my question is :
1. Should I create module for all these different pages like
Adminlogin (which will have login info username,password and logout).
2. Then making a test suite module and call all the different page
methods from it.

OR
1. Could i make a separate login and logout etc.But in this case we
have to instantiate selenium rc 2 times for both the methods?

I am bit confused. Could anyone suggest me how to proceed with this? I
have never written a framework before but I want to learn it.

Any help in this regard is appreciated .

Thanks and Regards,
User