On 23 Apr 2015, at 12:26, Sudhansu Sekhar panda wrote:
For example the ID is "employee-Details" and if we write our code by mistake By.id("employee-details") then it will fail as IDs are case sensitive. So what I am suggesting is if we can update the ById() method which will return the ID in lowercase always to avoid any error by adding toLowerCase() method like below.
ID attributes are not only case-sensitive, they are the unique identifiers of the DOM, which means "foo" is different from "Foo":

     https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-id

This selector feature in particular should mirror the web platform.