Hi Jason,

I'm happy to help out. But was there any resolution on the wire protocol
changes necessary for the large response payloads?

Thanks,
Kevin
On Jul 23, 2012 2:08 PM, "Jason Leyba" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm dropping a line to let everyone know that I will no longer be actively
working on the SafariDriver. Back at the SeConf, I mentioned to several of
you that once I got the driver passing the standard java test suite, I
would be stepping back my involvement. This time has come - as of r17395<http://code.google.com/p/selenium/source/detail?r=17395>,
you can run the standard java test suite against the SafariDriver (go
safari:test). There are approximately 150 suppressed tests, most due to
unimplemented features (e.g. HTML5 and the interactions API). I've
documented all of the known issues<http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/list?can=1&q=browser=Safari%20component=WebDriver%20status:New,Accepted,WorkingAsIntended,WontFix,NotFeasible&sort=status&colspec=ID%20Stars%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary%20Browser%20Component> and
posted a new wiki page<http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/SafariDriverInternals>outlining the basic structure of the driver. The wiki page isn't intended
to be a detailed design doc; it just provides an overview f the various
components involved and should help contributors get started -- as always,
when in doubt, trust the source :)

To be clear, I'm not leaving the project, nor am I abandoning the
SafariDriver. I'm just stepping back to focus on other areas. I'll be
available to answer questions, triage bugs, and will occasionally
contribute code/new features.

Cheers,

Jason