I agree it can be confusing. But it boils down to them being desired
capabilities and not required ones. I believe what you're seeing is
the first browser that matches the "javascriptEnabled" capabilities,
since browserName, version, and platform all failed to match. There
was some discussion around having required capabilities to provide
what you want. Until then, you may want to route through grid which
does require a 1:1 match.

--
Kevin