Patrick,

Have you attached a profiler to see what's going on? My suspicion is
you'll see blocking in SecureRandom. With the number of handshakes you
perform I wouldn't be surprised to see you exhaust your source of
entropy. And it seems like something that could have changed between
Java 6 & 7.

--
Kevin
Patrick Lightbody Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:31 AM

--
Patrick Lightbody
+1 (415) 830-5488

Simon Stewart Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:18 AM
Last time I looked there was something in the bowels of the bouncy
castle that's taking a long time. It looks like it's generating some
values and caching the results, and that's not quite going according
to plan. If I understood how the cybervillains code worked, I'd
rewrite it using modern bouncy castle idioms. I don't yet, and haven't
taken the time to explore.

Simon

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Patrick Lightbody

Patrick Lightbody Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:46 PM
Gang - I know we had a recent issue with SSL performance being very
slow in Selenium 2.20, but we're finding that sometimes it is still
extremely poor. I posted a pretty detailed question to StackOverflow,
but also hoping maybe Simon or Kevin or Santi have some ideas:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10611702/why-does-ssl-handshaking-sometimes-kill-my-cpu

We're definitely using Se 2.21 and bcprov 1.47, so really not sure
what's going on.

Patrick

--
Patrick Lightbody