Hi Nim,

on pre-systemd-Ubuntu(/Debian) you
could just run `dpkg-reconfigure timezone-data`
to set the timezone manually so there
was some debconf(?) knop to make this
setting.
Maybe setting the timezone via debconf
still works with timedatectl present,
maybe not.

Regards, Florian

Am 18. Juni 2016 00:16:18 MESZ, schrieb Nim Nahum <nnnnahum@gmail.com>:
Hi,

I have been trying to set and get the timezone on my ubuntu box using
salt.

I can set the timezone and run 'date' or look inside the /etc/timezone
file
and everything looks ok. However, if I run 'timedatectl' it shows the
old
timezone and it never gets updated. The problem is I believe sale
reads the
timezone using timedatectl so when I run 'salt-call timezone.get_zone'
it
still returns the old timezone.

If I run timedatectl by itself to set the values everything seems to
work
ok. It is only an issue when I set it via salt.

Does anyone know how to either force the set operation (state.apply)
to use
timedatectl or the read operation to read the /etc/timezone file?

Thanks in advance!
Nim