Oops, sorry. Thx for the heads up, pepe.
The next time I should check my imap-folder for the list, too, when I see no replies.

Regards, Florian

Am 5. Februar 2016 00:05:03 MEZ, schrieb pepe <pepedocs@gmail.com>:
@Florian,

Please see my previous post, I've pointed out the offending commit.
BKeep
has already submitted a bug and I believe its already fixed.

Cheers,
Pepe

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 5:54:07 PM UTC+11, Florian Ermisch

I've taken a quick look at the code [0].
Looks like a bug introduced with the addition of new detection
mechanisms.
It's 'VMware' in most of the places and 'VMWare' only in code
specific to
tools I've never heard of ;)

Please open a bug.

As workaround I suggest `{% if 'VMware' in grains [virtual] or
'VMWare' in
grains[virtual] %}`.

Kind regards,
Florian

[0]
https://github.com/saltstack/salt/blob/2015.8/salt/grains/core.py
Am 2. Februar 2016 04:55:40 MEZ, schrieb BKeep
<bk...@alias454studios.com
<javascript:>>:
I recently ran into an issue when checking if a value was in a
grain
{% if 'VMware' in grains['virtual'] %}
{% endif %}

The value for VMware is now VMWare at least in my new test
environment.
Any ideas if this is a VMware thing, a Salt thing, or just the
random
time
stealing demon of the universe?

###Existing prod environment where the above works
[root@salt-master ~]# salt --version
salt 2015.5.5 (Lithium)
[root@salt-master ~]# salt 'salt-minion' grains.item virtual
logs.domain.tld:
----------
virtual:
VMware

ESXi Version: 5.5.0 2718055
Hardware Version: vmx-10
OS: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

###New test environment where the above is different
[root@salt-master ~]# salt --version
salt 2015.8.3 (Beryllium)
[root@salt-master ~]# salt 'salt-minion' grains.item virtual
rsyslog.domain.tld:
virtual:
VMWare

ESXi Version: 5.5.0 2403361
Hardware Version: vmx-10
OS: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

It is easy enough to get around but threw me off.
I will also update ESXi in my test environment to the same patch
release to
see if that makes a difference.