Hi, Russ. Sorry for the slow follow-up. Any progress?

Two questions:

* If you send an unauthenticated GET request to the root (/) URL do you get
the expected response back from salt-api? I'm curious if only the /login is
broken or the rest of the app as well.

* What wsgi/cgi interface are you using with Nginx? Does that have it's own
daemon or use a separate user from the Nginx user?

I haven't had a chance to set up a server to test this myself yet. In
answer to your settings questions, salt-api only uses sessions for
authentication so no additional server-side authorizations are needed. Do
any errors show up in the Nginx logs? I'm pegged so far this week but I'll
try to carve some time out to test this.