Oh, I will. I currently have a collectd plugin that I have written to get
some basic stats out of salt like the number of highstates that are running
too long and the number of nodes considered down by the master.

Related to this, I would love to see things like manage.down sped up. Doing
a test.ping at the time of the manage.down call seems wasteful when the
master could just do a heartbeat with the minion (which I assume it already
does) and keep track of who is currently connected.

wt